Owner Builder NSW
Hello Owner Builder in NSW!
We get it.
Choosing an owner builder course AND a white card course is another big thing you've got to tick off your long list of things ‘to-do'.
Here's the good news. We've done the research for you.
We critiqued 12 owner builder course providers across Australia and we're super excited to announce our partnership with (drum roll)……..Absolute Education.
Here's what we like about Absolute Education and why we've partnered:
- they're known for their expertise in delivering solutions to the Australian Owner Builder and Construction industry for over 14 years (that's a big tick)
- they're super professional (another tick)
- they offer a White Card course (one-stop shop) and you need to do this PRIOR to completing the OB course
- the OB course is super easy to access online and by correspondence (tick, tick)
- you can take as long as you need to complete the course (because life's busy)
- your certificate is emailed within 24 hours (love instant gratification)
- you get unlimited phone access (because sometimes we need to speak to a real person)
- they give away lots of FREE stuff (who doesn't love a gift with purchase)
- you get to sit a FREE practice exam (thank you)
- run by people who know the building game (that's called credibility)
- they're fully compliant with the regulatory board as an approved training organisation (again, credible)
- AND, the price is right! (phew)
SO WHAT NEXT?
Here's what you need to know and do:
- We've said it already but we'll say it again. You need to do a White Card course PRIOR to the OB course.
- But don't worry, you can select the White Card course when you register for your OB course (at Step 4 – cost is $55.00).
- To get started, click on ‘Register Now' (registration is free) in the box below to go straight to their registration page (it's a simple step-by-step process)
- Confirmation of your registration with your user name and password will be sent to you by text and email once registration is complete
- OB Course cost is $185.00 payable when you pass (psst, everyone passes!).
INTERESTED IN A BONUS?
Oh come on, who isn't!?
If you enter the ‘Offer Code' OBC at the bottom of Step 4 in the registration process (under Special Promotional Code), you'll automatically go into the draw to win a $200 Bunnings voucher.
Yep, if you win, there's your course cost back (and then some).
By entering the Offer Code OBC means you give us the okay to contact you (only if you win) via the email address you provide.
Note – Registrations completed in the month of January (across Australia) are eligible for the bonus draw.
So what are you waiting for?
Absolute Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 91521) who makes doing an Owner Builder Course simple. All you need to do is click ‘Register Now' (it's free) create a username and password, login and start answering the questions! Best parts, you don't pay until you pass (you'll pass) and your certificate will be emailed to you upon completion (and once you've paid)!
An owner builder permit in New South Wales is intended to permit individuals who have the ability to build their own home or manage development by organising sub-contractual workers.
As an owner builder in New South Wales, you are in charge of the building function as a registered builder would be. Owner Builders have a more noteworthy feeling of fulfillment in realising that they could build their own home themselves. Owner Builders can generally can save 20-40% on development costs. Owner Builders can practice a more noteworthy level of control over their own venture, including the capacity to roll out improvements to the development work all the more quickly.
This Owner Builder Course in NSW will generally help you get through your owner builder project.
Under the Home Building Act 1989, it is an offence to intentionally draw in an unlicensed contractual worker, loan their permit to someone else, and decline to reveal to an approved officer the names and addresses of contractual workers chipping away at the site.
As an Owner Builder, you are additionally in charge of – directing and administering all tradespeople, requesting of materials and administration of the building site, acquiring all essential chamber and power endorsements, guaranteeing that the budgetary, tax collection and protection necessities of the building work are met and completely agree to all laws, monitoring your commitments under the Workers Compensation Act 1987 and Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 and giving a sheltered workplace that agrees to Work Cover prerequisites ,guaranteeing any temporary worker drew in is properly authorised and safeguarded to take the necessary steps contracted for, and justifying that the work and materials will be fit for the reason and that the work brings about a residence fit for occupation.