Owner Builder QLD
Owner Builder Courses in QLD
Hello Owner Builder in sunny Queensland!
We get it.
Choosing an owner builder course is another big thing to tick off your long list of things ‘to-do'.
We've heard a rumour that the Queensland Building Construction Commission (QBCC), will no longer allow Queensland OBs to do an online White Card course. Cry us a river…
BUT. We're still finding online courses being offered so we say get in quick while you can do it online! It's mandatory!!
On the OB course front, here's some good news.
We've done the research for you! We critiqued 12 owner builder course providers across Australia and we're super excited to have partnered with (drum roll)……..Absolute Education.
Here's what we like about Absolute Education and why we partnered:
- they're known for their expertise in delivering solutions to the Australian Owner Builder and Construction industry for over 14 years (that's a big tick)
- they're super professional (another tick)
- the OB course is super easy to access online and by correspondence (tick, tick)
- you can take as long as you need to complete the course (because life's busy)
- your certificate is emailed within 24 hours (love instant gratification)
- you get unlimited phone access (because sometimes we need to speak to a real person)
- they give away lots of FREE stuff (who doesn't love a gift with purchase)
- you get to sit a FREE practice exam (thank you)
- run by people who know the building game (that's called credibility)
- they're fully compliant with the regulatory board as an approved training organisation (again, credible)
- AND, the price is right! (phew)
SO WHAT NEXT?
Here's what you need to know and do:
- First, do your research on the White Card (we're still fact finding)
- With the OB Course, you can simply click on ‘Register Now' (registration is free) in the box below to go straight to Absolute's registration page (it's a simple step-by-step process)
- Confirmation of your registration with your user name and password will be sent to you by text and email once registration is complete
- OB Course cost is $185.00 payable when you pass (psst, everyone passes!).
INTERESTED IN A BONUS?
Oh come on, who isn't!?
If you enter the ‘Offer Code' OBC at the bottom of Step 4 in the registration process (under Special Promotional Code), you'll automatically go into the draw to win a $200 Bunnings voucher.
Yep, if you win, there's your course cost back (and then some).
By entering the Offer Code OBC means you give us the okay to contact you (only if you win) via the email address you provide.
Note – Registrations completed in the month of March (across Australia) are eligible for the bonus draw.
So what are you waiting for?
Absolute Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 91521) who makes doing an Owner Builder Course simple. All you need to do is click ‘Register Now' (it's free) create a username and password, login and start answering the questions! Best parts, you don't pay until you pass (you'll pass) and your certificate will be emailed to you upon completion (and once you've paid)!
A LITTLE EXTRA…
If you're in the early stages of research, we highly recommend you first speak with your local Council planning department (see link below).
When you've decided to go ahead + the OB course is complete (and White Card) + the design plans are done + you have costings, here's what you do:
- Apply for an Owner Builder permit through the Qld Building and Construction Commission (refer state link below)
- This permit process requires you to know your material and labour costs
- Once the receipt for the permit is issued, you're ready to get the required building approvals (Development Application) BEFORE work can commence.
- You can do this via your local Council or a private Certifier.
- The building development approval will indicate what inspections MUST occur at different stages of the build.
Follow this link for state government info – click here.
Find your local Council – click here.