OWNER BUILDER WA
Hello Owner Builder in Western Australia!
We get it.
Choosing an owner builder course AND a white card course is another big thing you've got to tick off your long list of things ‘to-do'.
Here's the good news. We've done the research for you.
We critiqued 12 owner builder course providers across Australia and we're super excited to announce our partnership with (drum roll)……..Absolute Education.
Here's what we like about Absolute Education and why we've partnered:
- they're known for their expertise in delivering solutions to the Australian Owner Builder and Construction industry for over 14 years (that's a big tick)
- they're super professional (another tick)
- they offer a White Card course (one-stop shop) and you need this PRIOR to completing the OB course
- the OB course is super easy to access online and by correspondence (tick, tick)
- you can take as long as you need to complete the course (because life's busy)
- your certificate is emailed within 24 hours (love instant gratification)
- you get unlimited phone access (because sometimes we need to speak to a real person)
- they give away lots of FREE stuff (who doesn't love a gift with purchase)
- you get to sit a FREE practice exam (thank you)
- run by people who know the building game (that's called credibility)
- they're fully compliant with the regulatory board as an approved training organisation (again, credible)
- AND, the price is right! (phew)
SO WHAT NEXT?
Here's what you need to know and do:
- We've said it already but we'll say it again. You need to do a White Card course PRIOR to the OB course
- But don't worry, you can select the White Card course when you register for your OB course (at Step 4 – cost is $55.00)
- To get started, click on ‘Register Now' (registration is free) in the box below to go straight to their registration page (it's a simple step-by-step process)
- Confirmation of your registration with your user name and password will be sent to you by text and email once registration is complete
- OB Course cost is $185.00 payable when you pass (psst, everyone passes!).
INTERESTED IN A BONUS?
Oh come on, who isn't!?
If you enter the ‘Offer Code' OBC at the bottom of Step 4 in the registration process (under Special Promotional Code), you'll automatically go into the draw to win a $200 Bunnings voucher.
Yep, if you win, there's your course cost back (and then some).
By entering the Offer Code OBC means you give us the okay to contact you (only if you win) via the email address you provide.
Note – Registrations completed in the month of March (across Australia) are eligible for the bonus draw.
So what are you waiting for?
Absolute Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 91521) who makes doing an Owner Builder Course simple. All you need to do is click ‘Register Now' (it's free) create a username and password, login and start answering the questions! Best parts, you don't pay until you pass (you'll pass) and your certificate will be emailed to you upon completion (and once you've paid)!
A little extra…
To become an Owner Builder in WA, you need to obtain an owner builder approval from the WA Building Services Board (administered by the Building Commission).
If you're right at the start of the process, an excellent starting point is always with your local Council (see link below) because you need to know local Council approvals e.g. Development Application, Planning Approval.
Here's a summary of the process you'll follow once you've spoken to Council and design plans are underway:
- First do an Owner Builder course (and White Card) as this provides the Board with evidence that you understand your role and responsibilities of being an OB.
- Once you've done your course you're ready to complete an owner builder application (application fee) – follow the link below.
- The application will require your plans, estimated cost of build and copies of your OB course certificate and White Card.
- When the approval is issued, you're ready to apply for a building permit from your local Council. Find your local Council via the link below.
Follow this link to the WA Government, Building Services Board – click here.
Follow this link to find your local Council – click here.