Home » Plan » Owner Builder Insurance

Owner Builder Insurance

The various insurance policies you’re required to obtain will vary from state to state.

The Owner Builder Club does not currently endorse Insurance Brokers however we do know there are insurances that you must have prior to the build:

1. Building Insurance
2. Workers Compensation Insurance
3. Public Liability Insurance

We recommend you do your Googling and find a broker who specialises in owner-builder insurance policies.

Do your groundwork and don’t be afraid to ask hard questions e.g. what makes one insurer better than another?


Like anything, it’s always good to get 2 or 3 quotes and compare. Same goes for insurance.


Your tradespeople should also have their own insurances. Ask for their certificates and make sure they’re current! Beware of a contractor who says they don’t need Insurance (that’s a red flag)!