Owner Builder Permit
An Owner Builder Permit is issued by the relevant state government department.
The process and what's required can differ by state however the application is fairly straight forward and can usually be done online.
To give you a general idea, here’s a list of the things you’ll need to get a permit (again, will differ by state):
- Proof of a completed Owner Builder course;
- A White Card;
- Final building plans as submitted to Council for Development Application (DA);
- Estimated cost of building and labour;
- Certified copy of title search (proof of ownership);
- Proof of identity (Medicare, passport, driver licence);
- Application fee.
For state based information, go to ‘Where to Get Information’ and select your state. SIMPLE!